1. THE BEST RIVER SURF SPOTS
- Lippe - Dorsten - Germany
- Eisbach, Reichenbach Bridge, Floßlände - Munich- Germany
- Kugelfangwelle - Steyr - Austria
- Almwelle - Salzburg - Austria
- Reuss River - Bremgarten - Switzerland
- Crazy Eddy - Silz - Austria
- Thun River - Thun - Switzerland
- Mur River - Grazia - Austria
2. RIVER SURFBOARDS
Basically, the riding characteristics of river surfboards can be compared to conventional surfboards used to ride the waves in the ocean. However, in general, river surfers do not need as much volume, as paddling and the take-off are not required when river surfing. This is important information, especially for newcomers to river surfboards.
Large Tail Area: Good response for aggressive turns & ideal for weaker waves.
Wide Nose: More stability for tricks
Narrow Tail: For better performance turns
Hybrid Nose: Perfect trick performance
Wide Board: Floats well on the water